Monday 7 June 2010

Shoddy Blogmanship!!

Apologies for the delay, the week of sun in Northumberland had me so shocked I felt a need to remain outside for the vast proportion of the day and haven't even touched the computer shock horror!! The down side is, I resemble an over cooked lobster... red heads were born to be Eskimos!

Last weeks sausages were chocolate and chili! You may recoil in horror but they tasted amazing! Rather hot though, my last minute decision to up the chili by 10 grams was perhaps not one of my best, however its tested some of those who fancied a challenge! This flavour will be coming with us to our farmers markets next month, along with last weeks pork and bramley apple and Beef and wholegrain mustard. The burgers are not behaving as well, the beef and wasabi just didn't hit the spot - you know, the brain freeze "oh my god I'm going to lose my nose" HIT of wasabi... just didn't happen! So these are still work in progress, sadly, this means that at some point I will overdo the wasabi and cause some burst blood vessels amongst my fellow testers!!! The packaging is also giving me a headache, who knew it could be so tricky!!!

We have also started the next leg of our project - supporting British cattle and goat dairy herds by using the male offspring for meat instead of allowing them to be slaughtered at birth - this means they get a good quality of life and we get some wonderful meat! We are all a bit worried about having cattle and goats at Roses Bower but very excited about a new venture! They say, goat burgers have a beautiful taste, keep looking out for it in the butchers!!!

I had last week off but I'm back to the smoke this week, a shame as I'm not feeling very science-like this week, I'd much rather be buying stock and looking at sausage recipes!!

I am booked into a women only hotel tonight (oo-er!) so fingers crossed its nice and has no bed bugs!!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment