Thursday 17 June 2010

Come on the losers!


Hello again, well I haven't been deleted, or told off so chances are I can keep blogging, so great news for me anyway!!!

So the winner is..... not me!! Hey ho, second placed losers have more fight, I will rise from the ashes.... and hope it didn't burn my sausages!!! Seriously, well done Emily! If I owned a farm shop Id be getting your lovely animals into the shop pronto, but as its a butchers I don't think it would be your required market - give me time, I'm a slow burner! The other winners look good too - although I see Amy's face in the runners up section - not good! Take comfort Amy, you are the best in my eyes bar none.

Well, Ive survived 3 nights in London this week, and in the same hostel I stayed in last week, and it wasn't half bad! I even made it home safe after a night out with Anna on Tuesday, although I did detour half way home to have coffee with a homeless guy and his ginger cat..... Bob the cat can be seen in Covent Garden wearing a scarf and sitting on the shoulder of perhaps the most interesting person I have ever met! London is an incredible place.

Yesterday was spent perfecting a presentation my boss will be delivering today... I never thought of myself as an IT idiot until yesterday... 2 hours on getting a piece of music to play through the duration of 40 slides.... like finding hens teeth!!! I just about jumped out of our 2nd floor window (then realised that at my size Id probably only bruise my bum and squash a passer by) then found my saviour... PowerPoint help.... marry me!! I learnt an important lesson yesterday... the art of delegation is key to academia.... and you must NEVER pretend to your boss that you have knowledge when you don't, it is ALWAYS going to be a disaster....

So I have been considering if I should advertise my loser status at the butchers... welcome to wark village butchers... where losers are always welcome... ??? Maybe I'll just go very quiet about it and hope no-one asks. Ive also got a master plan I will be perfecting next week.... coffee!! I am going to get serving coffee soon in the shop so if you see a crazy woman running up and down the street with cups stop and have a free cup!!! I actually think the village consider me crazy...

Its very warm here today, I keep having hot flushes and having to sit in front of the fan.... something that shouldn't be necessary at 30!! I may retreat to the lab soon for some air conditioning... er I mean hard work of course!!!

if this was a time responsive blog, you would have noticed a huge gap there! Ive just sneaked into my bosses office to take a call from the lovely Suzy from food local food - how exciting! We hope to source all local stock with their help and also become one of their suppliers - a scary task but so so so so exciting!! During our conversation Suzy fell off her chair, and still managed to keep talking to me... professionalism at its best. So a huge thank you to Steven for letting me know about the work of food local food, this could be the start of a beautiful relationship!

Talking of relationships.... I haven't seen nor heard from my husband in a week.... one could call that bliss but I fear we are in danger of forgetting what each other looks like.... we will walk clean past each other in the street I'm sure! Sometimes, I think he wonders what he married into...

I failed on pig stickers, and I need them! Had to make do with a picture of a pig on a sticker - cute but not the same!!! I need a pigs bum shape or a pig side on - yes I know I'm a lunatic but I NEEEEEED it! Its like handbags really.....

Tonight will be a posh dinner, I will drink orange juice so as to remain an academic professional and I will engage in knowledgeable conversation about science..... oh my god look!!!! a pig just flew past the window.... I wonder if he sells stickers????

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Claire, you have just made me smile lots and I think I may have to subscribe to your blog (sorry i'm not already) as you have a definite flair for this writing lark. Well done to you and lets all be losers together or as i'm saying I came second!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, good coffee is such a gooood idea. Coz the shop coffee is erm..

    ReplyDelete