Monday 28 June 2010

long lost blog

Goodness me a whole week since my last post, how did that happen! Well I'm not sure where the weeks are going, but I do reckon we have a week thief, that is pinching time from under our noses, why do we need to sleep? I mean, don't get me wrong, sleeping is better than a large chocolate bar (well actually maybe not) but it is very good, but not having to sleep would give me another 7-8 hours up and I could move mountains then.... actually, I'd probably just get hysterically grumpy and take it out on my husband so perhaps its better I sleep after all.

I cannot believe how hot it is in London this week - we came down on Friday night, set off at 9pm after a lovely haggis dinner made by Dad and drove down the M1 playing dirty dancing and singing at the top of our voice - by the time we hit Luton I had no voice, melted chocolate all over the car and a coffee/lucozade buzz to rival any illegal high (not that I'd know obviously!). I spent ten minutes shouting "Sylvia.... yes mickey... how do you call your lover boy" out of the window, I imagine any passer by would have considered me clinically insane.... they would probably be correct in fairness....

Speaking of insane... last week was terrible! I stayed in the usual hostel, and was just getting used to telling everyone what a find it was, when I went to bed after a few glasses of wine on the Monday night, and heard a lady crying in the room next door. I didn't think too much of it, I'm not terribly sympathetic so I left her.... then at midnight she started wailing, and at 1am she started smashing things.... I actually thought I was going to die! I also convinced myself she was on the corridor, preventing me from making my escape, so I waited for her to stop, she didn't. She eventually went quiet at 4am.... I slept for 2 hours.... she started again, this time the noise was much louder and she was smashing lots of something... I was glued to the bed and so desperate for the toilet I thought I may have to go in my Evian bottle.... at 7am my mother called.... thank god for mothers.... I told her my plan, to break off the bars on the window with my feet and escape over the TV lounge roof into the garden.... she told me to put down the phone and call security.... erm, yes that's quite a good idea!!! So 7 hours of terror to be ended in a 2 second conversation to security, who came straight up and knocked on my door - slowly I peaked my head around the door as the noise was still horrendous... no sign.... then security tell me its coming from her room, like it had been doing ALL night.... for the love of god you mean I could have made my escape????? He knocked on her door, and a tiny very pretty girl came to the door, told him she was fine, he shouted at her and she legged it, off down the street in her PJ's... needless to say I didn't follow, I glanced into her room, full of glass, broken wardrobes and then collapsed into bed again! The following night she hoovered... the whole night, but I guess this is preferable to screaming.... this week, I have taken refuge at my mother in law's house!!!

This weekend was an education, my sister in-law's father in-law (there must be a better way of saying that!) broke his ankle badly over the weekend and they had to go to hospital to sort things out, as it was a school night, her 4 children needed baths and bed... oh my god. So I poured a bath, and got one child in at a time with military precision, followed by hair drying, PJ's, drinks and bed.... you believe me right???.... ok ok ok.... 3 hours of persuading 3 children to get into the bath, getting wetter than them, burning their heads with the hairdryer, trying to play DVDs and putting them back into bed 100 times, whilst simultaneously dodging projectile vomit from the eldest with heat stroke... but in fairness I didn't wretch, a first for me! I have a feeling that children and one of those things that will not be one of my listed strengths....

This week I'm travelling in from Luton each morning, I was very excited this morning, first that I managed to find the station without sat nav (I usually can't find the car without sat nav) and also that I could pay my car parking fee by phone... until they told me the price... £17 for 3 days... and £67 for 3 return tickets to London, I have come to the conclusion that Luton dwellers must all be millionaires, particularly the first capital connect staff whom I feel I should marry as when the credit crunch brings us all to our knees (like that man at the conference tells us), I will be attached to the richest man in the world and those Luton residents will keep me in handbags for years to come....

On the work side, we have some very exciting possibilities building up, that need a lot more time spent on them than I have available at the moment, roll on next month when I can concentrate on this part of my life full time! I also have rolled out the London delivery so if you see a crazy red head heaving 7 legs of lamb on to the Newcastle to London train on a Monday morning you will nod your head knowingly.... I have no idea what I will do it the orders get too much to carry, probably drive the car down and provide myself with a chance to sing dirty dancing tracks for another 4 hours....

Today, I quite genuinely think I am melting, I have the fan on me full blast but the warm air it is spitting at me is pathetic to be frank - I need pims, a garden and a swimming pool, its just not fair to sit in a hot office with my complexion!

I hope you are all well, over and out,

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment