Tuesday 18 May 2010

My first blog!

My goodness what a month this has been! As if lambing wasn't enough, and believe me 400 lambs are ALWAYS enough for anyone, I have also added a hundred more jobs to the list, someday, somebody will tell me to stop! I am so excited to be one of the final 2 for my region in the challenge, it was such a great experience to talk to the judges and pull all my random and crazy thoughts into line. I thought they were amazing and loved every second of listening to their ideas. So now I am to use twitter and write a blog, as if anyone would want to hear about me!!! Well, I hope I can keep this as interesting as possible, if its only for the benefit of my mum and husband, probably the only 2 who could bare to read it! Sadly, I will probably not be celebrity style twittering to tell you about an A list party or a scandal.... its more likely to be my thoughts on sausages, burgers and how to clean lamb poo off my trousers... oooh and iodine, dam stuff has ruined my top!!! I digress....

This week has been a corker - back to London for the first time in a month (dad has been poorly) which was quite a shock! My train journeys have become famous on facebook between my friends, perhaps rather than bother you with my boring business ideas I could tell everyone about the train journeys.... however its quite possible that I would become the first challenge finalist to be banned from using a blog if I did so perhaps not!

I also started sausage and burger of the week at the butchers and had some extremely lovely eco friendly boxes delivered to the shop to package them in, see how fun life is!! I am very excited about the farmers markets now, just squeezing out the Jamie Oliver side of our butcher Alan and we will soon be on the way to burger heaven! My most monumental butchers moment last week was removing the hour closure for lunch we have had there for the last 20 years... my goodness I didn't think I'd be able to do that! Now we can concentrate on getting good lunch to the people in Wark!

I am also excited about the challenge conference on Thursday, usually, I have to stand up and talk about leprosy and bones at these things... I have a feeling if I did that at this particular event it would go down like a led balloon.... I must say though I am not sure about the venue, I mean would it have been too much to ask for the conference to be held in Bermuda????? Newcastle can't offer much for the regular talk bunkers who sneak out of talks to sunbathe! However, should you catch sight of a buxom redhead sunning herself on top of the Hilton hotel on Thursday you know who I am.... don't ask me for sausages though I'm still working on the recipe.....

This is me signing off for now..... cx

Ps.... thank goodness this tool has a spell check

No comments:

Post a Comment