Tuesday 27 July 2010

Sausage Mania!

Morning campers... father I have sinned.... its been too bloody long since I shared my news!!!

Well I have 2 weeks of London left!! And last week I had a wonderful time staying on a gigantic orange sofa at my friends Anna and Dave's new flat, and this week, I found hotel bingo!! Its a student halls but open for visitors through the summer - massive rooms, telephone, broadband, en suite, lovely breakfast and exactly 24 seconds walk from the office... in fact I can see the lab through the bedroom window... I considered an elongated leap from the window this morning... then reconsidered... splattered Claire down the window of our bosses office on a Tuesday morning would not be acceptable... and lets face it, the likely hood of me getting the right office would be like the pope marrying Madonna.... so it would be splattered Claire down the office of some professor... marvellous I'll stick to walking!!

On a work front we are experiencing a number of adrenaline fueled moments as I see how far this business idea can take us! We now have a range of packaged products in around 10 shops in the County, and will be launching our Internet order service next month. We have a late night opening and all day Saturday opening online for next month also - the late night opening will have wine, cheese and product tasting so lots of change!!

We currently have a wonderful new temp butcher in at the moment as our usual butcher is sunning himself in Tunisia - we heard he refused to ride a camel so will be booking him in for camel lessons on his return... Luckily, the new butcher is also called Alan - maybe in Northumberland all butchers are called Alan??? He was brought up in the village but moved out to Australia and has just returned - his energy and ability has dazzled us all - not to mention cutting quite a dashing figure in the shop! I think having a romeo serving lamb chops could be very good for business!! We don't want to let him go in a week.... and we may try not to.... watch this space!!

The herbs are still alive somehow... god knows how!! I keep spraying them with organic miracle grow and turning them brown, then having to spend hours washing them, but boy do they grow!! Next step... fruit and veg.... oh god.

The train journeys haven't improved - but I have admitted defeat and swapped my small, elegant suitcase for a big one I can hurl piles of stuff into - women are not meant to own small suitcases its wrong! Yes it may stack neatly on the luggage rack above my head on the train, but it fits exactly 1 pair of knickers and half a bottle of shampoo in and the rest ends up stuffed into bags I leave on trains and drop constantly!!! Why is it that the zip fastens on the journey out but coming back it wont go near??? It cant be all the handbags and shoes I purchase surely... well anyway, now I carry around a small house - perfect for shoes, handbags, hair dryer and kitchen sinks... and perfect for smacking commuters and tourists in the legs with outside Kings Cross....

We now have an actual bedroom and an actual bed!!! I can't quite believe I'm lying on a real mattress in a real room designed for sleeping purpose!! We have a posh new floor and paint on the walls - now just need curtains... something my husband could do with remembering... last week as the night drew in I went into the dusk to pick some herbs from our midge infested front garden and take in the evening air.... there I met a guest from our holiday cottage enjoying the night and the view.... mainly the view of my husband hopping around the bedroom in his underpants trying to remove his socks.... not even my phenomenal distraction techniques could divert them away from that one....

A thought consumes me at the moment.... can you put popping candy in a sausage??? Would it work??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

The shop is doing well at the moment, despite my mother and I bashing around with the till like we know what we are doing.... weight...non-weigh...susan....cheque.... pardon????? erm... well Ive found if I randomly button press and look worried Alan comes to my rescue so I will keep this up for the immediate future! Having said that my mother is excelling herself in the shop at the moment - cutting a dash in blue hair net and white apron she can now frequently be seen in the shop holding the fort for me, she really is irreplaceable!

I'm looking forward to being there more often and being on call, although I have a feeling the staff will not relish the chance to have me around more...

Right, must be off and do some work... over and out,

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment